Summer in Canada

Summer in Canada
It's beautiful!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Monday 26 July 2010





I earned my lie in this morning and I enjoyed it, but then it was Odette’s turn to be exercise task master. We packed a picnic lunch and set off for the provincial park just near the house for a walk to see the 3 lakes, which turned out to be a 10km march! It was great despite some huffing and puffing up hills and the scenery was gorgeous.

We had a lovely picnic on a boardwalk over the lake and I spotted my first Loon. It is a beautiful large water bird that is a fantastic swimmer, but awkward in the air, taking a long runway with lots of flapping to get airborne.
Just as well we are getting lots of exercise as Odette is a phenomenal cook and has been spoiling us with gorgeous meals. Tonight we enjoyed creamy pasta followed by a chocolate fondue which was a real treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment