Summer in Canada

Summer in Canada
It's beautiful!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tuesday 15 June 2010

One of my loves was the order for today – sea mammals. We spent our day at Marine Land which is an aquarium combined with an amusement park large enough to spend a week at. We started by marveling at the beautiful Arctic Beluga Whales followed by the Killer Whale tank. Whilst I prefer these amazing creatures to be free in the wild, it is awesome to have the opportunity to see them up close and interact with them. The Killer Whale took great delight in swimming around his pool completely swamping spectators with water. We got absolutely soaked through, hair included!

We walked through the deer park where the animals roam freely and you can walk amongst them and feed them. They are such gentle creatures. I also introduced the family to other Canadian Wildlife like the Wapiti (Elk), Bison and Black Bears.

Liam was then seeking adrenaline again and went for a ride on the world’s longest roller coaster ride whilst I played photographer. I am such a wimp when it comes to amusement parks, with even some of the simpler rides I tried, scaring the daylights out of me!



No comments:

Post a Comment