Summer in Canada

Summer in Canada
It's beautiful!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Thursday 26 August 2010

Leaving Saskatoon and heading for Edmonton, Alberta, we added another new province to our list. The changes in activities are strongly evident and the agricultural flatlands gave way to rolling hills with many ranches and visibly active oil wells.


Arriving in Edmonton – a city the size of Johannesburg, we headed off the main tourist attraction – West Edmonton Mall. This was the largest mall in the world before they built the Dubai Mall and is about 1.5km long by 1km wide housing many shops and department stores as well as Imax and standard cinemas, 2 food courts, an Olympic size ice rink, water amusement park, rides amusement park and marine world. One huge shopping and entertainment centre.


So of course I had to try out the Centre of Gravity where you do trampolining in a harness so you jump really high. After 4 minutes and several backward summersaults, I was breathless and exhausted. My stomach muscles were still feeling it 3 days later. When am I going to realize that I am not 18 anymore?! I had such fun though – check out the video clip.

Before dinner, we went ice skating. I haven’t been on the ice for over 6 years and was never an accomplished skater, but I got my confidence back fairly quickly and managed to stay upright and dry. Liam, meanwhile, whizzed around the rink at a huge rate and had the cutest wiggle skating backwards! All in shorts of course!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment